The Hive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrong place, wrong time

5 posters

Go down

Wrong place, wrong time Empty Wrong place, wrong time

Post by Ignis Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:40 pm

So this guy, Yurtle form TFP has chosen my system for his new carebear colony, obviously this means that I'll be hitting him every day non stop. After 3 attacks, this is what I got.

In the three attacks you've made on my second planet you've taken a grand total of 66 metal and 233 crystal.
I'm sorry, but I have to ask why you persist? Surely you've realised it's a waste of your time considering the planet is too new a colony to be producing many resources. Certainly not much more than the resource cache can hold.

Of course this was not to go without a good answer and who knows what a beautiful thing this might spring.

Ah, my dear Yurtle, it's so good to receive a missive from you with such a splendid assessment of the obvious. That is correct, your little hole in the ground where you dig your bunker is of little interest to me when it relates to funds, However there are things far more worth than such meaningless things. You see, your main planet was already near enough for me to take some small measure of interest, even more so with the blood feud between our leagues. However when you chose to move near me I've became intrigued with the why would you chose such location. Surely you knew that the HIVE lurked here and in my special case, spawning darkness and corrupting everything to the higher glory of the Xen.

I have thought many times, wrong it seams, that no one would think this place was a comfortable one to settle down, specially such a devoided planet, however you showed interest in it and I in turn show mine in you. You see, deuterium is plentiful and surely enough more than worth it's expenditure in a little trip to your planet...

You see, there are many titles I've been given by others. Parasite, despoiler, disease. However right those are, I am one who appreciates beauty and I specialize in the construction of artificial pools. As you may have noticed, every time I pay you a most dearly respected visit, I leave a few bomb craters which in turn will turn into beautiful pools... But one can't be content with simply that as you surely have surmised by now.

I also pride myself in the creation of new things, born from the from the former useless flesh and becoming something of beauty and purpose. Some call it parasitism, horrors, I assure you however that the latest is but a statement from the mouths of people who cannot understand the beauty of art. You however I am sure that are different even if your people will not approve of such. You see, they live in their bunker, in fear of what comes every day, every night and whatever little presents I leave lurking.

You can now begin to imagine, to have some depth of understanding why I have chosen your planet, above others. However this is but something you wished, for I am sure the location you picked was undoubtedly chosen with the greatest of care though your people will never understand.

I bid you farewell for now, for I am sure that we'll talk more in the future and surely enough, you'll have news from me.

Ignis

Back to top Go down

Wrong place, wrong time Empty Re: Wrong place, wrong time

Post by Supax Tull Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:32 pm

Ignis, that is surely advancing the interests of the hive. Good job.
Supax Tull
Supax Tull

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesseract Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:15 pm

::wipes away a tear::

Beautiful... just beautiful
Tesseract
Tesseract

http://www.covenantoffire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusTyrel Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:37 am

Seems Tess has competition, I herby declare the war for the title of "The King of Smach Talk"
MagnusTyrel
MagnusTyrel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotaki Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:02 am

Except Smach .. is spelt Smack.
Shotaki
Shotaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesseract Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:18 am

Sho, I would have thought you'd be fluent in "Magnus" by now. Wink
Tesseract
Tesseract

http://www.covenantoffire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusTyrel Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:41 am

I've told you guys its my keyboard not me... o.0
MagnusTyrel
MagnusTyrel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotaki Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:47 am

Uh-huh ... surrrre it is.
Shotaki
Shotaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignis Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Ah, it seams he still twitches after all, this is a good sign though it's a pity he'll stop being a target soon due to the NAP coming...

So you're wasting your time taking little and doing no damage simply because you're trying to scare my people? There's no morality meter in this game, you can only apply psychological warfare directly to me. And I'm just looking at you with bemusement. Sorry, but if this is some kind of "campaign of terror" then it's not working. As the name suggests I'm a defensive player. I'm simply going to hide away anything that might give you a definite reason for attacking, then watch as you pointlessly send your ships at me like a dog chasing a car.

At this point I must say I was a bit disappointed, partly because I kinda expected him to flame out, other because he's a bit like me, morality be damned. Still this required an answer.

Ah, my dear Yurtle, so good to receive yet another missive of yours in this fine day. You seam to be working under the delusion that what I do is a waste of time, I assure that such is not the case. Take for example this missive I'm writing to you. You might say why bother, but wouldn't it be plain rude of me not to return it? It's but the least courtesy that I could show for such an interesting subject as yourself.

You say there is no morality meter, I disagree with such, as many sentient beings in the galaxy would agree, however you say indicates that simply you have none yourself. Of course it is your people who suffer by it, but then again, can they do anything except look at the skies that my ships sour every day? The answer to that would be so obvious that I shall not need to speak it out loud.

You say I am wagging a campaign of terror, I would be forced to agree, but no towards you of course, towards your people yes, for those are the ones who cower in fear every day and every night when the bombs fall and the smoke rises. I expected this to happen of course, to see you hidden deep in the hell hole you created for you and your people.vYou reigning from atop that crystal throne. Rest assured however, that one day it will break and you'll cut yourself.

You did manage to get a smirk from my lips as I read that “dog chasing a car” part, even if you are only once again gravelly mistaken. Let me assure you once again that I'm chasing nothing you might actually have, such has never been my objective, there are always higher things at stake than the simple gathering of resources, as important as they may be.

Also you should deliberate upon the comparative terms you so enthusiastically employ, You hide in a whole, afraid of what comes every day, I roam freely the skies,. The dog is but you and i am the master, or did you really allow yourself the delusion that you ever controlled anything? Ah but we'll leave that for after you think carefully for the long hours of my bombings.

My warmest regards to you

Ignis

And by the way, glad you guys are liking this too.

Ignis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum