The Hive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And the hits just keep on comin'

3 posters

Go down

And the hits just keep on comin' Empty And the hits just keep on comin'

Post by Tesseract Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:20 pm

I decided to put my dialogues with these poor beings in the RPG section (where they belong, really). GRAVEDIGGER or MAGNUS... could you move the other two "rant" topics here? https://thehive-spaceproject.forumotion.com/diplomacy-f9/had-to-share-this-t123.htm and https://thehive-spaceproject.forumotion.com/diplomacy-f9/another-possible-gem-t142.htm

And if these are getting tedious or self indulgent (i.e. no longer entertaining) please for godssake someone tell me, okay?

So... here's the latest series from a chap in the +{TLC}+ League. I pounded him, hoping to acquire a new farm. The dialogue unfolds thus...

Col Saint wrote:
Hello. I am unable to surmise the reason for your attack. I didnot invade or cause any harm. Will you please respond. Respectfully, Col Saint

To which I replied...

Ah, my good Colonel...

Delightful to hear from you... always a pleasure to make the acquaintance of someone in this region of the galaxy.

I am a bit baffled by your missive, however. I trust you read my personal profile and that of my league, the HIVE, so I should think my reasons for attacking you would be quite clear. However, if you require a more in depth articulation, then allow me to offer one.

From a “big picture” perspective, it’s really quite simple: I require resources. A great many of them, actually, and certainly more than I can plunder from unpopulated planets. I find that populated planets are a much richer source of the metals, crystal, and deuterium my HIVE-mates and I require for our ultimate domination of this galaxy. Certainly, this is an inconvenience for the people actually LIVING on those planets, but that’s an unfortunate fact of existence. I DO hope you understand.

On a personal level, I consider it a point of personal pride to sow fear and subjugation wherever I go. It’s a conceit, I’ll grant you, but one that I take pride in. I find a likely target and relentlessly pummel them into submission, slowly grinding hopes and resolve into the dull paste of despair. It’s a personal hobby, you see, and I’ve grown quite good at it over the years.

So... there we are.

Once again, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I will be pleased to enter your communications in the compendium I am compiling, titled “Fallen Heroes of Galaxy Three”.

Cheers.

Days passed and the messages remained un read in my Sent Items list. And then at last...!

Okay Tessie, Now I have a bit of info for you to place into your conpendium. You might be hitting us, but we Terrans are a resiliant lot and once our soventry has been violated, we do not rool over and allow the perp to continue their rummaging through our property nor our lives. You will find that we and the league I belong to look down and react with comprehensible force to help those who have sinned against us and seek restitution. I see you think thinks through, so with that great ability I will utter this fact: Don't get so snobbish nor beligerant now, for eventually everyone who sows terror to the winds of space will reap the Black Holes of equal return by our Commander-In Chief, and He will have the last word. His name is Yeshua, and I am nothing but a lowly servant to Him. Please do not dish out more than you can receive, please. With Utmost Respect, Col Saint Good Day Tesseract

"Tessie"? Only my HIVE mates get to call me that. A response was required (written while my fleet rocketed to his planet, decimating his puny fleet)

Ah Colonel! What a delight to see a missive from you on my command screen. I feared that I had cast my pearls into the void, as it were. Glad to see you’re back in the command seat.

And what a missive! Goodness, I hardly know where to begin...

Bravo on the “Tessie”, by the way; delightful use of the diminutive in an effort to “bring us down do the same level”, as it were. I’ve actually encountered it quite often in my dealings with other beings in this Galaxy. There’s a certain informality to it that people seem incapable of avoiding... they see my name and immediately leap to the cute diminutive.

Allow me to assure you, Colonel, I am neither cute nor diminutive.

And I appreciate greatly your tutorial on the Terran mind set. As I myself am Terran, it served as a reminder of why I aligned myself with my Xen brethren. I think it is the Terran impulse to “look down” on anyone that doesn’t conform to whatever the regional code of behavior happens to be. Also, I am constantly confronted by the ill-conceived fantasy of justice and sin, righteousness and destiny... delusions that seem to fester at the roots of every Terran culture. I’m sure it is a comfort (especially in these times of trial for you) to belief that you are somehow special or that you are looked after or watched over by a higher authority.

Let me offer this assurance, Colonel: the only ones “watching over you” are the pilots of our ships from orbit around your planet.

And I feel compelled to extend this clarification as well: I would never expect you to “roll over”, as you put it, belly to the sky while we gut you like a mackerel. It is my experience that these first exchanges are often full of bluster and bravado, chest-thumping and saber-rattling, which is really rather the sauce for the main course as far as I’m concerned.

The main course is served much later when, after several weeks of petulance and aborted efforts to stave us off, you discover that we are legion, that we never tire of raiding, attacking, and farming your systems day and night... and that your doom was sealed the moment you responded to us in the first place.

And my dessert? That shall be the silence that emanates from your sector of space. The unread missives that pile up on my command console, the barren catacombs that were once your great cities.

That sweet emptiness shall be my aperitif to the meal I make of Colonel Saint of Beta Giddeon.

Warmest regards,
Tesseract
Tesseract
Tesseract

http://www.covenantoffire.com

Back to top Go down

And the hits just keep on comin' Empty Re: And the hits just keep on comin'

Post by DivineJustice Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:55 pm

Tesseract wrote:I decided to put my dialogues with these poor beings in the RPG section (where they belong, really). GRAVEDIGGER or MAGNUS... could you move the other two "rant" topics here?

Done Wink
DivineJustice
DivineJustice

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesseract Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:14 pm

You da man, Divine. Thank you, sir Smile
Tesseract
Tesseract

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesseract Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:53 am

Well... I must confess, this dialogue has taken a most unusual turn...

Col Saint writes:
Sir, as a Terran I will speak plain with you. No matter how often you send the fleet, no matter as to the misgivings I have concerning any issue you wish to conflab over, no matter what is done to this planet, I will survive. Do not misread this missive, from your console or in the darkness of your hovel, I am different, I will survive and I will once again breath the air of peace, leagues or no. I know you enjoy terrorizing those who are young, defenceless, and holding to their hopes despite of whatever comes from above or below. I will continue to rebuild and this is not a message of raising my fist to the winds. I must say this Sir, I enjoy reading what you send, it gives me hope and the security in the knowledge that I will continue to strive for peace, no matter who it is striking my home nor my family in this city. If peace is of no concern to you then, I have the deepest and most sincere concern for you. Understand this please, Compassion might be a foreign ideal to you and those who side with you, or you with others, however I wonder in all sincerity to what your outcome will be. Forgiveness might be a show of weakness to you, but my weakness is when He will stand at my side and defend me. His timing is perfect, His strength is absolute, and even for you, His body broken and blood spilt upon the ground and His name . . . . Yeshua! I know you will snicker at all of this but even the one called "Morning Star" will fall! This is a message of truth and of hope. Enjoy raiding, for I shall continue to rebuild. Good evening. Col Saint

Now, if you read that once or twice (as I did... and more) you'll notice that it is VERY different from the usual fare. I had to ponder long and hard about a response... it gave me some unique insights into this persona I have evolved.

My good Colonel... I must extend my sincere gratitude to you.

For the first time, a communication from one of my projects (for that is how I view all who draw my attention) has actually given me pause. Do understand, this is a significant event. My usual custom is to chuckle and delight in the frothing rage and loathing framed within the missives I receive. Indeed, that is my calculated intent with each draft I send into the void... to stoke the fires of outrage and fury in the hearts of those too young and too naïve to school themselves or be aware of the manipulation.

I confess, I had relegated you to that class of being with your first communication and had prepared my campaign upon you based upon that first impression.

But now... now I find that you are of a completely unprecedented order, in my experience. You have piqued my interest, (which, I confess, may not be to your advantage). I am moved to engage with you on a more intimate level than I am accustomed to, and this is both a delight and a curiosity to me.

You employ the same timeworn philosophies common to those in your circumstances. Peace. Compassion. Forgiveness. The usual fare... but instead of using them as a lash to shame me into contrition, you offer them as an opportunity. What a rare and unusual treat! And your own professed concern and compassion for my own condition prompted substantial consideration on my part. I have encountered many who profess saintly qualities, offering them as validation of their righteousness. Nearly all revealed themselves in the end to be paper saints, frail and flawed, foisting their vaunted virtues upon the world to hide their own weak and craven natures. For you, dear Colonel, I shall afford the grace of withholding judgment... time will reveal your true virtues. It always does.

I will caution you strongly (which is more than any other has received, I assure you) against assuming anything when it comes to my reactions. And I will admonish you just as strongly against devaluing your own convictions! To assume that I will “snicker” at your heartfelt beliefs – and to go so far as to say so – is an apology, an admission that your beliefs that you hold so closely to your heart are a subject of ridicule and scorn. First, if someone is so shallow and so insecure in their place in the world that they point and laugh at another, then they only reveal their own fear of inconsequence and inadequacy.

And second, I never “snicker”. A throaty chuckle perhaps. A rueful smirk, on occasion... but never a snicker. I realize that my initial communication was heaped in the very scorn I just counseled you to ignore (do you see how far from my custom you have taken me?), but you surely have deduced that it was a calculation, a feint to elicit a response. In my self-appointed capacity as a herald of doom and despair, I am keenly interested in – and hold the greatest respect for – my project’s beliefs. They are, of course, my greatest tool, the fodder for the fires that eventual bring about the demise of those who feed it.

For you see, Colonel, what a person BELIEVES they believe is quite often not what lies at the heart of their being.

People wear convictions like armor, faith like a shield, and virtue a ward. And against what? I shall tell you... against themselves. For most beings, conviction and faith are merely words... a script that they do not fully comprehend. But it holds the hope of the strength and balance they so keenly lack, so they read vigorously from that script, hoping that some shred of that strength will rub off onto their fail souls.

And that is where I find my purpose in this galaxy. I shred the script, you see. I take the paper strength they’ve wrapped themselves in and slice it to ribbons that flutter away on an ill wind. And then, exposed, they are forced to confront, even briefly, the truth of their existence.

THAT moment is what I live for. Each defense shattered, each fighter hurled from the sky is a mere ticking of the clock to that moment of revelation. THEN we discover the true strength and mettle of a person’s spirit. Most look away, ashamed, and abandon their worlds to our depredations.

What will you do, I wonder? I know what you THINK you’ll do... but that is just a belief of a belief. We have not reached that point so you cannot truly KNOW what you will do, and neither can I. But it will be a transcendent moment... for both of us.

Many people BELIEVE themselves to be righteous, my good Colonel. I give them the opportunity to KNOW it.

What other purpose is there for the Morning Star, hm?

With Warm Regards,
Tesseract
Tesseract
Tesseract

Back to top Go down

Post by Supax Tull Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:15 pm

Tesseract your awesome!! I wish i could write as well you. Damm,I think im jealous
Supax Tull
Supax Tull

Back to top Go down

Post by Supax Tull Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:22 pm

When I play with my food, the most i get is to taste thier fear.You on the other hand, not only do you taste thier fear, but you also get to feel them squirm and listen to them squeal as you chew them up and spit them out.
Supax Tull
Supax Tull

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesseract Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:35 pm

You are too kind, Supax. It is gratifying to know that I can offer inspiration to my HIVE-mates. Very Happy

I must confess, I'd never considered my exchanges as culinary foreplay, but the more I consider it, the more I agree... I DO enjoy playing with my food. Twisted Evil
Tesseract
Tesseract

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesseract Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:04 pm

The Colonel finally responded... weak sauce if you ask me...

Hello Tessie! Well, it appears to me you have been a busy little Terran! Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again . . . I will not just roll over and let a scum sucking little pod like yourself keep this from making it possible for me to survive! Yea, yea, yea. I guess it will make you happy to see such a missive as this. Just don'e laugh too hard and filling those tiny glasses with tears! I am still hear! "I will not go quietly into the night!" I sure do love hearing that, don't you? Well Tessie, I guess I will have to make some course adjustments. Thanks! Your Friend, Col Saint

One simply can't allow such pale wine to stand. It is my duty to froth the blood with fire and fury before the inevitable final curtain, and so...

Dearest Colonel,

Surely you must know I am ALWAYS delighted to receive a message from you. If by “busy” you mean farming your planet and rendering your fleets and defenses into fiery shards of debris raining down upon your planet, then yes... yes I have. Despite appearances to the contrary, I am a man of vigorous honor, sir: I have promised you oblivion and you may be quite sure I will deliver it to you.

But really... “scum sucking little pod”? I’m sure you can muster up a bit more bile in your vindictive than that. You’re not applying yourself, Colonel. “Soul-leeching blight upon the galaxy”, perhaps. Or “Vile betrayer of your own race, reaping a harvest of innocent lives to sate your unnatural appetites”. Given the carnage I have wrought upon your people, I would expect a bit more teeth in your bite.

I certainly don’t expect you to go quietly, good Colonel. At least I hope you don’t... not right away. But that is the way this will end, I’m afraid. I’m sorry to “give away the ending” like that, but that IS how this will end. Yes, today you proudly shake your fist at the skies and curse my name, and then you take up your shovels and dig your holes and stash your precious metals and crystals and deuterium deep beneath the surface, far from my grasping hands. And you hide your ships and stop building defenses... and then?

Then you live under my dominion, Colonel. Then you have all but surrendered as you twist your ways to accommodate my presence in the galaxy. You will see it as a noble deed and the only option available to ensure the preservation of your ways... but they aren’t your ways, are they. Your ways would be to fly the skies freely, never looking over your shoulder for fear of immanent destruction.

But that shall never be, Colonel. You shall live, from this day forward, squarely under my heel. Yes, you may eke out a meager existence, darting out for quick raids... perhaps even colonizing a new planet. Hm... “a new planet.” A new prison, rather, for as you’ve no doubt observed, the HIVE is everywhere. There is no place you can go, no place you can hide where we cannot find you. And we WILL find you, Colonel. We’ll seek you out and extinguish every last whisper of your existence.

So please... don’t go quietly. The echoes of the lost are the sweetest music I know.

With warm regards,
Tesseract
Tesseract
Tesseract

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum